Monday 27 January 2014

Mock Exam Improvement

In my mock exam which I have sat in January, I received 27 marks for Q1, a total of 17 marks for Q2, and 17 marks for Q3, with my final grade in the mock adding up to a low C.
Audience Question

  • Be specific when mentioning age groups within the target audience of a media text: instead of generalising an age demographic (e.g. young girls, teenage boys, older men and women), mention a specific age group, e.g. young girls between the ages of 15 and 25
  • Develop my answer further and add more detail
Representation Question
  • 'Your own detailed examples' in the question refers to detailed research and must refer to specific media texts: different media texts such as an advert vs a magazine front cover may present the same person in different ways, so the mention of a particular representation of a person must include an example of the media text which presented them in this way 
  • When mentioning connotations, justify why they have been used
  • Denotation = the item; Connotation = the meaning behind the used item
  • Mention the use of language in the media text more often
Revision and Study
To improve my revision, I think I should focus more on memorising the media terms and revise the  theories more, so I have a deeper knowledge of them and can use them in my answers more fluently. I should also learn to apply the relevant theories into different media texts. Another way to improve my revision is to link the use of media and technical terms back to their connotations more often.
Coursework
For my coursework I believe that the aspect I could improve the most on is the report, as I should focus on the most relevant features within my textual analysis and my magazine product in my writing. I could have also put more focus on the questionnaire, as I haven't used its results as prominently within my research at the start of the coursework as I should have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment